Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Few Things I Hope to Accomplish Soon!

I find that views like this one in this picture of a nearby lake help my frame of mind when it comes to thinking of ideas for new songs. I have been using a small idea (i.e. a short melodic line) and building on it. The end result has come through a process of recording each instrument myself on a separate track and then rearranging parts of it. I plan to solidify some of the tunes that I have put out on NativeGuitarJoe-Youtube and sell them on iTunes when I can. I hope to create an actual physical CD to give out and sell too. Currently, I have one album available on iTunes called A Lonely Road Together.

Other ideas I am working on are related but not on the same line as my flute/guitar music. I am slowly but surely putting together guitar arrangements of hymns that I hope to compile into an album. These are simple arrangements that should be fairly easy to play and learn for those interested. You can view an example of my work on Youtube here: Tis' So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

The other project is song work with my bro. Josh. He and I have put together several recordings and released them on Youtube. The pain of licensing and copyright has caused us to take most of them down. (It can cost a lot to have them licensed properly) The one left up (Revelation Song-Youtube) is still covered by our license, but it too will expire and then we'd have to pay to have it up longer. The best and easiest solution is to write songs and put them up, thereby skipping any copyright issues and fees. We'll see where all of that ends up!

Well, just an update to my musical musings and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment